Who is this Resource for?
This online resource is of practical use for anyone who:
- Engages in teaching and mentoring
- Provides staff professional development
- Supports student learning experiences
- Develops curricula or education policy
- Is involved in quality assurance
- Works in human resources
- Supports ESD development
- Has sustainability responsibilities
It is targeted at HE level but may also be of interest to:
- Teachers in schools and colleges
- Community educators
- Professional mentors and trainers
- Education policy-makers
- Sustainability professionals
It is suitable both for those who are new to ESD and those with experience in ESD. It can be used by people from any subject background or professional specialism, and at any level of education or in any learning arena.
It is a professional development resource to help those involved in education and learning to develop the future-facing, globally-conscious, transformative capabilities the 21st century requires – and to bring these approaches into their teaching practice, to assist their students in developing these competences.
In Practices you can find practical examples, reflections, ideas and usable tools, to help integrate ESD into your professional practice if you are an educator - and into activities you may be involved in that support the professional development of other educators. They include a diverse range of initiatives, including:
- Team-based action learning initiatives
- Incentivised professional support schemes
- Linked research-teaching processes
- Institutional development programmes
- Integrative academic training modules
- Networking and capacity-building activities
The examples found here were identified during the pan-European inquiry process of the UE4SD project – see State of the Art report.
The examples found here were identified during the pan-European inquiry process of the UE4SD project. Some of the most established, cutting-edge examples from the State of the Art report also feature in the UE4SD Leading Practice publication.
Based on these resources, UE4SD has also created and piloted a training academy process for university teams wishing to further develop their competences in ESD and to take steps to advance ESD in their institutions. The experiences and materials from this activity can be accessed through the UE4SD Academy.