Professional Seminar on education and teaching for Sustainable Development
Organisations: The main organiser: Comenius University in Bratislava, Faculty of Natural Sciences (Lead Organisation)
The guarantor: Director General of the Section for HE at the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the SR.
Participants: Participants: more than 50 participants representing
6 Slovak universities (Technical University in Zvolen, Matej Bel University in Banska Bystrica, Constantine the Philosopher University in Nitra, Comenius University in Bratislava, the Academy of Arts in Banská Bystrica, Technical University of Košice, Slovak University of Technologies in Bratislava)
2 Czech universities (Charles University in Prague and Palacky University in Olomouc).
Slovak ministries and their professional organisations (Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport; Ministry of the Environment; State Pedagogic Institute).
2 institutes of the Slovak Academy of Sciences (Institute of Geography and Institute of Forecast).
Other subjects (e.g. secondary schools, environmental NGO’s).
Authors: Mária Kozová, Comenius University in Bratislava, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Slovak Republic
The aim of the one-day seminar (linked to the previous seminar on this topic in 2007) was to assess current state of art in the education and teaching for SD at the HEIs in Slovakia (incl. presentation of the best practices) and to prepare the measures for its improvement.
The important output was the conclusions, in which the participants assessed institutional capacities for the implementation of the UN Strategy on ESD and formulated advice regarding the implementation of the Action Plan of ESD in Slovakia.
Professional Development Approach
The ambition was to strengthen the cooperation of HEIs, to improve information about positive examples of ESD and to create a network of the representatives of particular HEIs responsible for ESD in Slovakia.
To find out more...
- Bratislava case study.pdf [Type: PDF / Size: 161.54 Kb]
- Bratislava conclusions.pdf [Type: PDF / Size: 281.34 Kb]
- Bratislava conclusions_2.pdf [Type: PDF / Size: 151.79 Kb]
- Bratislava dissemination.pdf [Type: PDF / Size: 1.95 Mb]
- Bratislava HEI Presentation.pdf [Type: PDF / Size: 204.42 Kb]
- Bratislava Journal.pdf [Type: PDF / Size: 67.6 Kb]
- Bratislava Paper.pdf [Type: PDF / Size: 321.76 Kb]
- Bratislava Poster Bon.pdf [Type: PDF / Size: 731.79 Kb]
- Bratislava Poster Kozova.pdf [Type: PDF / Size: 1.21 Mb]
- Bratislava questionnaire.pdf [Type: PDF / Size: 304.26 Kb]